IAPMO R&T certifies your hydro-electrical products and associated equipment for US and Canadian markets. Our capabilities cover certification of the following types of products:
- Self-contained spas.
- Field-installed pool/spa equipment assemblies, blowers, and controls for use with field-installed hot tubs, swimming pools, non-self-contained spas, indoor hydromassage bathtubs, and associated field installed heaters.
- Motor-operated water pumps of the non-submersible type, pump-filter combinations, and chlorinators for use with swimming pools, hot tubs, and spas.
- Electrical plumbing products connected to or used with plumbing in commercial or household locations. Examples of equipment covered by these requirements are irrigation equipment, sprinkler controls, water controls located in kitchens and bathrooms, electric faucets, and toilet flushing systems.
- Appliances intended for use in households or similar locations, such as toothbrushes, oral irrigation appliances, denture cleaners, and hydromassage units.
As the preferred listing agency of manufacturers and inspectors, the IAPMO R&T brand and its reputation for quality are unparalleled in the industry. IAPMO R&T Marks of Conformity are widely recognized and represent the highest degree of integrity and showing compliance with established codes and standards. Our experience allows us to certify more than just components, we can certify the system. Where other agencies only certify the electrical components, our experience allows us to third party certify the plumbing as well as the electrical components.
|This symbol represents the Electrical Only certification of electrical products that have been evaluated to the appropriate Nationally Recognized Electrical Certification standards for both the US and Canadian markets.
This mark is IAPMO’s primary electrical certification mark. It can be used in conjunction with other appropriate IAPMO certification marks to address compliance to the other codes or the marks shown to the right may be used in place of the Electrical Only mark.
|This symbol represents Electrical/Plumbing products that have been evaluated and tested to comply with the Uniform Plumbing Codes as well as the appropriate Nationally Recognized Electrical Certification standards for both US and Canadian markets.
||This symbol represents Swimming Pool, Spa & Hot Tub products that have been evaluated and tested to comply with the Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa & Hot Tub Codes as well as the appropriate Nationally Recognized Electrical Certification standards for both US and Canadian markets.|
IAPMO R&T Certifies to the following standards:
• UL 1563, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 218.1-M89 (Self-contained spas for aboveground use, for household or commercial use and for both indoor and outdoor use)
• UL 1795, CAN /CSA-B45.10, CSA-C22.2 No. 218.2 (Indoor hydromassage bathtubs (also known as whirlpool baths) rated 250 V or less, for residential and commercial use)
• UL 1431, CSA C22.2 No. 64-M91, CSA C22.2 No. 68-92, CSA C22.2 No. 224 (Appliances, primarily cord connected, intended for use in households or similar locations, not necessarily under professional supervision, such as toothbrushes, oral irrigation appliances, denture cleaners, hydromassage units)
• ANSI/UL 1951, CAN /CSA C22.2 No. 14-M91, CAN /CSA C22.2 No. 68-92 (Plumbing accessories connected to or used with plumbing in commercial locations or residential occupancies, including irrigation equipment, sprinkler controls, water controls located in kitchens and bathrooms, electric faucets, toilet-flushing systems, lawn sprinklers, plumbing controls, hydromassage chairs and pedicure spas)
• UL 979, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 68 (Water softeners, demineralizers and other water treatment units and control assemblies)
• UL 1081, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 108 (Pumps for circulating water in swimming pools, hot tubs and spas)
• UL 778, CAN /CSA C22.2 No. 108 (Submersible and nonsubmersible pumps intended for household, commercial or industrial use, including pumps for fountains, circulation, sewage, effluent, wells, irrigation, building sites (contractor type), sumps and general utility)
• UL 1081, UI 1563, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 108-M89 (Chlorinators, brominators, ozone generators, ion generators and similar equipment intended to sanitize water in pools, spas and hot tubs)
• ANSI/UL 778, CAN /CSA-C22.2 No. 68 (Electrically operated, decorative, portable, self-contained fountains)